Friday, June 13, 2008

Here are some questions from my MEDT 3401 class about my perceptions of technology and my responses to each question.

1. Who are you and what are you going to teach/do as a result of the degree you're currently seeking?
  • My name is AnnMarie. I am a senior at the University of West Georgia. I am working on a degree in French with a certification to teach. I would like to teach High School but I am also open to the idea of being a French Prof in a university somewhere.
2. Why are you taking this class and how do you feel about that?
  • I am taking this class because it is required but also because I believe technology can be very helpful to a teacher in a classroom. I hope that by taking this class I will be able to effectively integrate technology into my classroom.
3. What do teachers/others need to know about supporting learning with technology and why do they need to know it?
  • They need to know that technology can be very helpful for teachers. Even though the thought of incorporating technology in the classroom can be terrifying, teachers should look beyond that and see the benefits that they could provide for their students if they know more about technology.
4. What do you hope to get out of this class?
  • I hope to gain a better understanding of the technology that could help me be the best teacher that I possibly can be.
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to using technology?
  • My strength would be that I can usually figure things out when I try, and my weaknesses would be that sometimes I am to worried I might mess something up to try and figure things out.
6. Anything else you'd like to add?
  • Nope...I'm good.

No comments: