Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Digital Videos

Digital Video Response:


A Journey Through the Rain Forest and Home


What are some educational applications of this form of communication? Do you think this is something that could be used in your future teaching situation? How?



In class we watched two digital videos, one about the rain forest and one about what home really is. The movie about the rain forest was made by a group of young students who had studied the rain forest. It was a great way for the students to show off what they had learned. They were able to share their knowledge and their artwork with one another and anyone else who would watch the digital story. It was a great way to assess what the students had really learned. They were able to have fun with learning and fun with demonstrating their knowledge.

The other video was about the perception of home. The beginning of the video showed what we here in America perceive as home. As the video progressed it began to show a soldier's perception of home. The video showed that their are a few common thing that make a home, no matter where you are in the world, things such as family and friends. Digital videos are a great way to present ones views.

I do think that I will be able to use this type of technology in my class. I will be able to use this means of communication in my class. Through digital videos I would be able to show my students what I wish them to learn in a new way. I would be able to reach the students in a variety of ways, for the students who need a variety of ways to learn. They would also be able to use digital videos to show me what they learned, and we would be able to use them to show the outside world what we were doing in our class. I would love to have the chance to use this type of communication in my classroom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of allowing your students to show you what they have learned through digital storytelling.

Alexis said...

It is wonderful that you want to allow your students to participate in creating their own digital stories. Your students will LOVE this. I think it is an excellent idea, and it will help reinforce what the students have learned as well. :)

Karen said...

I think using digital stories in a French class would be a wonderful way to teach. This method of instruction will appeal to all learner types and will be more exciting than just conjugating verbs :)

Meagan said...

I think children, especially younger children, get excited when they are able to show that they have learned something new, so I agree that digital story telling is a great way for them to demonstrate what they have learned.

Theresa said...

I like how using the digital story would be a great way to teach and for students to be able to learn and express themselves at the same time.

Unknown said...

I think it is great that you want to use digital stories as a way to teach your students, along with allowing your students to show you what they have learned. I also agree that digital stories are a great way to share what students are learning with people outside of the classroom,like parents.